Connecting humanity dot by dot
Bring the dotting fun to your school, virtually or with an in-person visit from
Travelling Kindness Rocks Creator and experienced educator, Ginger.
A Travelling Kindness Rocks school visit can include the following:
- dotting session for class(es)
- whole school assembly presentation
- inservicing for staff
For now, all visits to schools are facilitated by creator, Ginger.
Ginger's qualifications and experience:
- Nova Scotia Teaching License, ATC1
- Bachelor of Education
- Masters of Education (Leadership)
- 11 years teaching in Nova Scotia public schools
- Teaching ages 4 to 84, a variety of learning styles, and a range of abilities
- $275 for a day + $25 for each class or staff group that participates in a dotting session (plus tax). This covers all materials, including card stock to dot on. If a school wishes to gather and prepare rocks to be used, this can work as long as the rocks are suitable for the project(s).
- $0.20/km travel expenses for schools more than 65 km away from Brooklyn, Hants County, Nova Scotia. .
A visit to your school includes:
- A combination of dotting classes and/or presentations.
- A package of materials for participating teachers that includes activities aligned with current learning expectations and outcomes and assessment materials.
- An invitation to connect your school's giving work with Travelling Kindness Rocks social media platforms.
Looking for a way to cover the cost of a school visit, bulk order of tools and dotting supplies, and/or curriculum packages? Check out the information on our fundraising events, which your school could host in an evening for your community members.
Suggested Student Session Time Frames:
Grades Primary, P/1, and 1: 35 minutes
Grades 1/2, 2, 2/3: 45 minutes
Grades 3, 3/4, 4: 75 minutes
Grades 4/5 through to 12: 120 minutes
Time Frames for Staff Inservicing:
Half or whole day inservicing is possible and will include training staff members to use our dotting tools, follow our dot mandala system and instructions, and exploring one ore more of our curriculum packages, depending on time. Schools can split a full day visit between a half day inservice for staff and a half day of dotting classes and/or presentations for students.
Questions? Want to book a visit?
You are welcome to use the form below to contact us to set up a school visit. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual School Visits
If distance is a factor, let Travelling Kindness Rocks founder, Ginger, facilitate a dotting session for your class(es) virtually.
Each student will need:
- One of our set of 7 dotting tools which correspond to all Travelling Kindness Rocks patterns, curriculum packages, and are used in our workshops. Bulk orders are available here.
- Piece of paper towel
- Small piece of black card stock for dot warm up activity
- Something to dot on, such as black card stock, that is slightly larger than the size of the finished project
- Paints of the appropriate consistency - CraftSmart paint works great
The classroom teacher(s) will need:
- Technology for the virtual visit - we will test this ahead of time
- To determine the dot mandala pattern we will dot during the session
- A hairdryer or two in the classroom to dry dots at certain points in the process
- Paint trays for students
For schools that purchase 21 or more of our set of 7 dotting tools, the cost is $100 + tax for a virtual dotting session.
To coordinate a virtual visit, contact email@example.com.