Designed for students grades 4 - 12, the curriculum packages below allow educators to bring the dotting fun into their classroom while addressing a variety of learning outcomes in many content areas. Packages have been designed by Travelling Kindness Rocks founder and experienced educator, Ginger, with supplementary activities, discussion questions, and resource lists contributed by Sue, a recently retired educator and member of the Travelling Kindness Rocks Dotting Team.
Each curriculum package includes:
- A list of learning outcomes, written in general terms so educators everywhere can connect the goals to outcomes they are required to address in their school board
- A list of required supplies, including paint colours for the dot mandala
- Ginger's dotting vocabulary
- Suggestions for adaptations
- Step-by-step instructions for completing the dot mandala pattern
- A student copy of the step-by-step dot mandala pattern, ready for copying for students
- Discussion questions, related learning activities, and a resource list
Students will need the Travelling Kindness Rocks set of 7 dotting tools, which correspond with all patterns. A bulk order can be made by visiting the online shop.
More curriculum packages will be posted throughout August. Please check back!